Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Two more summer tops!

This weekend I finished both my Tivoli (which is NOT BLUE, but orange) and my Orangina (which is not orange, but blue :-) ). I wore Tivoli today, and it is a great wearable top! I used Cotton Ease in Orangeade. I fall in between the sizes that are currently available, from Grumperina, so I decided to use the smallest size in a bigger gauge. The cap sleeves are perhaps a little on the loose side, but other than that the fit is great! Here is a pic:


Orangina, though is a little on the snug side.... I think I will need to wear an aqua cami underneath it. I really liked this pattern too - the lace pattern was easy to remember, although after a while I lost motivation and the two lace panels seemed to take forever. Of course I WAS using size 3 needles... So much for my pledge to never use anything smaller than 10's! HA! Oh well, now 8's seem really big ;-) I used the Rowan 4-Ply cotton called for in the pattern, but only used 4 balls (not the 6 called for in the pattern). Here are a couple pics. There is a transparency warning for the second one!!




I've also started a second Bardot, this time in Smokey Linen Print. After these last two projects, this top is going really quickly! Here's a progress photo after only 2 days:


And of course I've found a couple new projects to add to my already long list of things I'd love to knit. First there's Eris from girlfromauntie.com, home of the famous Rogue sweater (also on my list of course!) I'm planning on doing the cardigan version in some Cascade 220 from my stash... either in silver spruce green or denim blue heather.

Also I am intrigued by the pattern on the cover of the new Vogue Knitting. I'm often attracted to patterns with unique construction (like Dibs in Ribs) and I'd learn a lot doing this. Plus I have been looking for an excuse to work with some Lorna's Laces in Watercolor. I think I'd do it in the exact colors shown. This one will have to wait for a bit though until the yarn budget can support it (or at least is non-zero).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home