Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Symmetry is highly overrated!

Well, It's been a while since I've posted, but there HAS been knitting going on! I started the Dibs on Ribs sweater the last week of April, and have been addicted! I'm using Noro Kureyon # 139, which I just love. I really like the unique construction of this sweater. I was getting so bored with the long rows of stickinette in my Sitcom Chic, and this was a great diversion.
The lower part of the sweater is worked in two panels, with triangular ribbed insets at the lower front and middle back. You are *supposed* to begin both panels at the same location in the colorway so they are as symmetrical as possible. Well... I was off by a stripe. I'm trying to convince myself that it will be part of it's charm :)
Here are some pictures of the finished lower half, as one long strip, and then assembled:


lower front & back:


Since I took these pictures, I"ve finished the top part of the front, and I'm now working the back (which, unfortunately consists of looooong rows of stockinette with some shaping). I'm worried a bit about the sizing of the whole thing. This is my first sweater out of wool, and I'm hoping blocking will cure a few problems. (It will also be my first *real* experience with blocking!)
For example, I have the correct guage, yet the lower panels are an inch shorter then they should be. Also, the ribbed insert in the bottom of the front puckers quite a bit. (And that's certainly not an area where I'd lke to have extra puckering!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home