Wednesday, April 20, 2005

X-back Completed!

I finished my Ribbon X-back tonight. I used Schachenmeyer Aurora in the Summer Sky colorway. This is a really cute pattern, though I'm not sure it will be my favorite summer top. The seed stitch is really stretchy, more in the horizontal than the vertical direction, so it ended up being slightly shorter than I had anticipated. (This is not such a big deal, since I'm really short waisted) Also, I seem to have gotten lucky size-wise. I don't have that much experience yet with sizing and ease, and I was really concerned about making something that was too big. (and from the posts on the KAL, it seems to be running on the big side.) Despite these problems, I think I chose wisely (I made the small)



The other strange thing was the color pooling that happened in the middle. The strange thing is that it *isn't* where a ball was joined, but in the middle of a ball. I guess that's just one of those things.

Overall, I'm happy with the pattern and the finished product, and I'm proud to have finished my first KAL project!

1 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Ooh! Great job. That looks really nice on you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home