Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Cannes is complete!

Here is my completed "Cannes" from Rowan's Beach Cool Collection.



I used Rowan Cotton Braid in Matisse, and Cotton Rope in Calypso. The pattern calls for cotton glace worked double, but I couldn't find a color that I liked that worked with the Matisse. The cotton braid was a bit difficult to work with, as it is just a strand of cotton held together with a network of fine threads. It seems like a rather delicate yarn, that may wear rather quickly. The resulting fabric is incredibly soft though! I also really liked working with the cotton rope. It's a nice light, but chunky yarn - and there are some nice simple patterns in Rowan's Cotton Rope Collection that I think I'd like to try. Even with the splitty yarn, this worked up really quickly! (and that's a big bonus!)

Now I need to hunker down and finally finish up my Sitcom Chic. I could really use it at my psych class. The room is always freezing!

2 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Blogger Donna said...

That is very pretty as are all your other finished items! I really love how the x-back top looks completed. It suits you well.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hiya - am having real problems with Cannes and can't find any errata so assume it must be my ineptitude with the decreases on the neck edging...

I end up with more stitches on side of the V than the other and it skews everything... Have already ripped it out once! any clues?

many thanks...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home