Sunday, May 15, 2005

Dibs is Done!

I finished Dibs on Ribs 2 days ago, and yesterday had my first true experience with blocking wool.
I think it turned out alright. The lower front ribbed panel that had been puckering significantly seems to have flattened out, and with blocking I was able to get the lower sections to their intended length.

Here's some pics:


When I started this I was SOOO pleased with this color Kureyon. Now I think I need a break from it. I have a bunch more of this color. At this point I'm not sure if it will become a Rosedale sweater or a bunch of booga bags for Christmas gifts. We shall see. Even Remi wanted to get in on the action:


Now I need to decide whether to start something else (one of the bunch of tanks I want to do) or try to polish off something already started. Blaze is moving *really* slowly. I have about 2" done so far. I'm not very proficient with the cables yet, so it takes me forever to do a row. With Sitcom Chic, I'm at the point where I need to do the sleeves. I tried to use DPNs for the first time the other day... it was a mess! I may try the magic loop on them.

1 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger knottygnome said...

your sweater looks really nice (as do all your other FOs).

i keep coming back to this sweater pattern. i can't figure out if it would look weird on me...but it looks fab on you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home